Background and EP

Hey everybody it's Katie and I will be bringing you up to date with our favorite small town country music artist, Riley Green. 

    First of all a little background on our favorite country artist. Riley Green is originally from Jacksonville, Alabama. He fell in love with music because of his roots and his love for the outdoors. Green is the recipient of the 2020 New Male Artist of the Year ACM award. He gained popularity when he toured with famous country music rock star Brad Paisley in early 2019. Before this, he had released some singles and a few albums but nothing compared to the single that really got his name buzzing around the country music scene which was "If Grandpas Never Died". Check it out below!
Music Video for "I Wish Grandpas Never Died"
"I Wish Grandpas Never Died" Music Video 

    
Just recently Riley Green came out with his new EP titled "If It Wasn't For Trucks." This EP came out on August 28th 2020. The full album is set to come out on September 11th 2020. This album is a view inside of Riley Greens life. It shows an inside perspective on his early life and where he gets his inspiration for his music from. It brings country music back to its roots and has many heartfelt tracks that many can relate too in the EP. Country music has become a lot of pop and less twang if you will and this EP brings original country music fans back to what country music used to be. 
    Check out his new Ep!

Taste of Country Interview

    In an interview with Taste of Country he stated that this extended EP came from "hunkering down" in his hometown of Jacksonville, Alabama. Jacksonville, Alabama is where Green originally fell in love with country music and where much of his inspiration for his music comes into play.  





Tell me in the comments what your favorite song off of Riley Green's EP is and how you feel about his new upcoming album!

Comments

  1. Believe it or not I don’t really listen to country music. Although after reading your blog I’ve noticed how with country music they write within their deepest feelings but in a therapeutic head bumping way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Country music has all kinds of meanings depending on the artist! Stay tuned for more country music and information about Riley Green!

      Delete
  2. After watching I wish Grandpas Never Died for the first time after reading your blog, his music is very inspiring and to see the crowd sing along gave me chills. Country music has defiantly changed over the years, I can see how you mentioned he is bringing old country back. I would have to agree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you liked "I Wish Grandpas Never Died" keep updated to hear more songs from Riley Green and how country music is going back to its roots!

      Delete
  3. Hi Katie I didn't know anything about this artist! Can't wait to see what news you post next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start to your blog! I like your tone of writing as you describe Riley Green to us. My wife listens to him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Golden Saw Series